| January 18, 2022|
6:02 am34:00 Minutes
|Fajr||4:25 am||5:15 am|
|Zuhr||1:07 pm||1:15 pm|
|Asr||6:03 pm||6:15 pm|
|Maghrib||8:10 pm||8:15 pm|
|Isha||9:42 pm||9:55 pm|
How to Perform Salah
Having cleansed yourself by Wudu, you may proceed to perform Salah. Wudu is a ritual cleansing. Before you begin your Salah, however, you must make sure that you have a clean body, a clean place to pray, and that you are wearing clothing free of impurities. The minimum clothing required during Salah is:
- For males: Any clothing that covers from the naval to the knees. It is preferable to cover the shoulders.
- For females: Any clothing that covers all of the body (including the head) except the face, hands, and according to Imam Abu-Hanifah the toes and a portion of the front of the feet.
- Stand upright facing the direction of Al-Ka’bah. This position is called Qiyaam and the direction is called Qiblah in Arabic. The Qiblah in North America is towards the east with a slight angle towards the north.
- Make Niyyah (intention) in your heart for the prayer you want to pray.
- Raise your hands to your ears and say: “Allahu Akbar.” This means: (Allah is the Greatest). This is called Takbiratul Ihram